Sunday, July 26, 2009

Freedom

I have wondered a lot in the last several years about the freedoms I am supposed to have. I thought I was aloud to make decisions on my own. To be able to say "Do I want to help that person who is holding out a sign for help or sleeping in the street?" That person could be down on his luck, or drinking out of a bottle every time my head is turned. Decisions, decisions???? How about that girl over there. She is pregnant and wants to terminate the pregnancy. Should I pay for it or should I let her? Hmmmmm? Was she raped or did she just play around and get caught? One more, A lot of banks just loaned out a bunch of money to a lot of people they new could not make the payments. Should I be the one to bail them out or should they suck it up and make better decisions next time if they get that chance? Well I thought I would get the freedom to say yes or no. What if i don't want to help, bail out or pay for the death of the unborn child. I have my personal beliefs and I am bound to help or not help based on those beliefs.
Unfortunately the country where I live does not give me the chance to make my own decisions.
Instead the taxes I pay to run this country are given to those who did not plan well or made very bad decisions
When will I be able to choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment