Friday, December 31, 2010

Young Adulthood.

I have finally gotten through the teenage years with my kids. My niece got married almost 3 years ago and had a baby boy, My oldest son moved out in July, and my youngest son joined the Marine's. Life was settling in just wonderfully.
My husband and I were finally empty nester's. Enjoying the aloneness,snuggling, reading without interruptions. No more dealing with teachers,bus problems, car issues with the kids and smiling very often. They were a joy to behold.
Sigh, A perfect memory.
Two months after the last kid moved out, he moved back in. He got a great job and a month later told us we were going to be grandparents. After we got over the shock, we settled down and let life keep going.
Things are leveling out until he says "we are getting married." We let them know that marriage is not the only option for unplanned babies. There is adoption or just wait and see how it's going to be with this relationship. They have only known each other for 4 month's before she got pregnant.
Well, 4 days before Christmas, they got married. It was a beautiful ceremony with just my husband and I attending from our side of the family.
We have a very nice daughter in law. She is kind and young. 19.
The very next day, my son was terminated from his job. thru the mail no less. Apparently he got his day's mixed up and he was in his 90 day probation, and poof! no more job.
So we have a family living with us, and a baby on the way and we are no longer empty nester's.

I miss the days when me and my Hubie had the freedom to go with out clothing throughout the house.
I wish for allot of things, a job for my boy, he makes enough that they can move out, and a job out of state for my husband and me. That way it will take a heck of allot more to move in with mom and dad.
Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment